The followers of this site will find candid view of this journey of self-discovery and an invitation to join me on my challenges.
In short, this blog is a record of my own opinion– in which I am certified. But one thing you will not find is ADVICE. But whyyyy?
1. First, I respect that you are you’re an adult in possession of the intellectual capacity to sift through details to find what works for you. That’s why…
2. And of any passionate pitch I could give or any meticulously researched detail or report that I can possibly muster is still unequivocally bound by your own will to do whatever it is that you decide. What’s wrong with that? On this journey, I have defined respect for my own time and energy as a mechanism of love. That’s it.
3. Because I have no short-cuts, gimmicks, tricks, fads, or super-secret miracles–just what you already know works and that’s planning, work, effort, and persistence so not to give up instead of trying something different. If I can inspire that, I would call it a win.
4. Because I don’t believe one-size-fits all. Everything’s not for everyone. Absolutely not.
5. Some are only here for the poetry and the art– not to be inspired, and I’m okay with that.
6. Everything doesn’t need to be “fixed.” I will never forget the conversation where I was asked of my son, “If you could fix him, what would you want?” And I replied, “He is not broken to me.”
7. There is a case to be made for minding one’s own business. That’s unheard of online and even feels silly considering this project, but the fact is that there is a false familiarity online that makes it easy to overstep boundaries as one after another finds it okay to suggest that because a few photos and laughs are shared–maybe even picked up on a few nuances and personality quirks, that we are somehow qualified to know what’s best for each other. I purport no such thing, and that’s..
Why I Give No Advice. Unlessssssss of course you ask; then, I’ll answer!
- Why you shouldn’t give medical advice on Twitter (kevinmd.com)
- The Birthday Moose (thedepressedmoose.com)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Funks the Universe! Awww yeahhhh, drop that… (itsokaytobesmart.com)