Thank you so much Richard A. Cross for thinking of me for this award. I have seen the company in which you have placed me, and I have been speechless since Monday over the gracious gesture. I read that Mr. Cross is a Motivational Speaker and Coach who has committed his time, talents, and influence, including a fire-stirring blog called, Energize Your Thoughts. All for a career of helping others push their limitations to reach full potential.
I can personally attest that when life gets hard enough, it can be difficult to remember who we are in terms of our abilities and promise. Boundaries can be moved so far you’ll need a compass to find your way out of an inch that looks like a sea of hopelessness- so large it can drown a man by sight alone.
And when a broken shell of a creature finds a way arise from a littered desert shore and dust himself off, the instinct is usually to further punish ourselves for ever getting there in the first place. Or worse, spend our days watching from the sun-beaten rocks in bitter fear that we might drown again. It’s good to know that somebody gives a damn, and I appreciate that.
Now! The rules are that I give the following information about myself:
Seven Interesting Things About Me
- I dreamt the name Love Mekanism, woke up, and wrote it out using the first thing I could find. Then, I text a pic to my best friend, who by then knew that I wanted to write creatively. This blog’s header is a picture of it.
- Love Mekanism Project blog will be 7 weeks old on Sunday. The third challenge of the project was to share a personally written article of my choice and interest, with… other “people”. So, I set up this blog to host one post.
- I wanted to do this for years now and to write creatively for as early as I could write. Perhaps that’s interesting because I have written as my only full-time career since I graduated from college up until the writer’s block.
- Now, there are over 80 personally written posts here of my own, and I also feel comfortable saying that writing is no longer blocked– still plenty of room for improvement. It’s working, so won’t try to “fix” the little system I have- which is to post whatever I have so I’m forced to correct it and not hold it and never post anything. I’m just glad to be able write again 🙂
- Often I have an idea of what I want to write about, but it never turns out as I imagine. I’m usually pleased with the drafts I post- although now-a-days, my edited versions are beginning to look more and more like the originally posted drafts
- One interesting development is that I have become comfortable making people uncomfortable. Although most will find nothing terribly wrong with what I have to say here, but in some circles of the life I was born into, people are afraid to even hear, read, or consider anything other than his or her own view in it’s own way. No matter. Where I would have shied away from that, I’m drawn to it when I feel the need to be.
- Hey! Ya know what else is pretty interesting? The artist kind enough to let me write about his song in the first post– just got a namesake guitar and performed at an awards show! I knew you’d think so too…
- And a Bonus!…. Haha! That EJ, there’s no bonus
This award is special:
I looooooove to share what I love. The following are those I find inspiring. From a new blogging inspiration from down under who has spoiled the blog with 2 awards already and inspires me to either write well or run and hide until I can figure out how to respond to being called the “G”-word– “genius” O_O 😀 These are also those who inspire and push other writers and poets including those who have overcome adversity and turned it into something beautiful. For these, Love won’t allow us to pity ourselves too long because there’s too much living to do and too many people to inspire. And all is right with the earth by me in this moment knowing that it has been salted by humanity in the likes of you.
Now for Meka’s *NOMINEES* of the Very Inspiring Bloggers Award:
- Whimsical Eclecticist
- Live Simply, Travel Lightly, Love Passionately, and Don’t Forget to Breathe
- Sahm King
- Carolyn Howard-Johnson’s Sharing with Writers
- Romance with Val
- Lauren Sapala
- Retcon Poet
- Shawn Bird
- LScott Thoughts
- Aspire to Inspire
- Awakening to Your Story
- Black and Write
Thank you so much!! — Too Much!! -lovemeka
Please don’t forget to help me thank Richard A Cross at Energize Your Thoughts.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Have a link inside your blog to the person who nominated you.
- Present the award to 15 bloggers.
- Let your nominees know that you have nominate them by commenting on their blog.
- Post seven (7) interesting things about yourself.